Morning Glory?

Morning Glory?

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Painful Gratitude

Psalm 50:23
The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”

Sacrifice of thanksgiving. What does that look like?
Whatever it is, it's GIVING! Action is an essential characteristic of gratitude. If you're thankful and you know it, Do Something About It.

Today, we drove back to the house from Accra. My mom is hosting a women's conference beginning Monday, and the teachers are. coming from the U. S. A. That team of women (10 in all) arrived today at noon, and my bosses (still my in two senses) decided to make the normally 6 or so hour drive into 7 to 9 hours. The theme of the conference is Empowerment for Life and Godliness, taken from 2 Peter 1:3. It will last from Monday until Thursday, with sessions in the mornings and evenings.

Many women in the area lack the very concept of self-worth. Society has instilled within them a mindset of deserved, inherent subordination, such that many women here do not know to make a stand for their own identity. My mom, together with this team of women, will address that need with God's Word.

I'm writing this from my phone, stayed up way past my bedtime for the last two nights, and can already feel the pangs of incoherence at 6:15 p.m. With that, I bid you Adieu. Do pray for the lasting impact of the program, that God might be glorified in the lives of all who attend.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts
Get some. Give some.