Morning Glory?

Morning Glory?

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lessons from Easter

Below I have listed, briefly, truths that I have learned or come to understand from the Gospel of John, from the garden of Gethsemane to the Crucifixion. I encourage you to read through an account from one or more of the Gospels as well, praying that God would help you to see him as you should.

1. Caiaphas was married. Annas was his father-in-law. Up until now, I had superimposed Roman Catholicism over Jewish customs in that regard. Interesting, right?

2. It was the leading priests and Temple guards who led the charge to say, "Crucify him!" It was not the masses. Sad how those closest to God's word spoke the most evil about him, behind his back and to his face.

3. Pilate believes that Jesus is the King of the Jews. He first asks Jesus if he is a king, to which Jesus responds, in effect, "Are you asking, or just repeating what you have heard? The second time Pilate asks, Jesus says, "You say that I am a king." A declarative statement. Pilate goes on to try and convince the chief priests and the crowd that Jesus is king, but they do not accept him. Pilate inscribes "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" on a sign to place on Jesus' cross, despite the priests' objections.

4. Jesus said, "I thirst," in order to fulfill what the Scriptures say concerning him. That was a conscious move. Am _I_ actively fulfilling the Scriptures concerning _me_?? What's more, do I even know what the Scriptures have to say about me? Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.

I thank the Lord for enlightenment concerning his word. May these days bring you into an especially poignant remembrance and appreciation for the death, burial and Resurrection of God.

Live in Love.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts
Get some. Give some.