Morning Glory?

Morning Glory?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Basic Reminder

Another missed post.... Charge it to my head, not to my...actually, I have a better idea. Charge it nowhere. As in do not charge me for it. Instead, notice that I have recognized my lack, and have now come to repay my debt. Therefore, let neither my head nor heart be found in the cross hairs of your disappointment. I come to make my brief and unrelated recompense: I developed a small heat rash this morning. A picture in this post will do it justice, I think. I thought it was something more serious...and contagious. As it turns out, it is more like a _baby_ rash. So, there goes my attempt to tell my mom that I am a man. No adult male with a baby rash on his face has a chance (whatsoever) of asserting his own maleness in the presence of his parents.


Friday evening, I had the opportunity to be with the Youth from Restorers Fountain Ministries International. If you will remember, I had the privilege of teaching the same young people last year, on the topic "What on Earth am I here for?" It was a program that lasted from Wednesday to Sunday, during which we learned that to glorify, worship, know, and love God are among humanity's highest priorities. We also had a debate at that time, of which event I was the judge, as to whether those who were for the topic would win against those who opposed it.

So, this past Friday, I decided to survey the most quintessential element of Christianity: the gospel. I also asked questions concerning one of the gospel's layers, if you will. That is, salvation. The first question I asked was, "What is the gospel?" to which I received almost no response. I was, on one hand, shocked at the possibility that these young people had no idea how to voice their thoughts on the gospel. The only answer I heard went to the tune of, "The gospel is something that enlightens us spiritually, and something that helps us." On another hand, especially after having heard that most vague statement, I was deeply troubled that perhaps these few young people actually have no conception of the message about Jesus Christ. Here in Nkwanta, the Youth of a particular congregation are called upon to work; clean the sanctuary during the week and before Sunday service, clean the area around the church building, and organize the chairs for different events. They may jump right into those activities with any amount of enthusiasm, but when the dust has cleared, quite literally I might add, the same Youth do not even know the basis for which they are working. So on yet another hand (for, you see, I have three hands (I do not, in fact, have three hands)), I sensed a great desire within myself to let 'em know what this Jesus-following life is all about, starting with the answer to my question.

"Jesus."

Jesus is the gospel.
(For the sake of this medicine I took earlier today, which has sleeping side effects that are now in effect. I will end the post here.)

Live in Love.


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts
Get some. Give some.